This course in tourism covers the fundamentals of travel industry including tourism economics, food service, and legal issues. This course can help you develop the management and entrepreneurship skills necessary to work in establishments related to the field. It will also give you the knowledge and ability to develop marketing strategies based on a practical business plan.
Students will be given the opportunity to go on familiarization visits to various tourist Centre within the country to help you gain practical knowledge of the industry.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
The curriculum of this course also involves giving advice and guidance to clients in regards to travel destinations as well as products and services. You will be able to work closely with the client and oversee proper travel arrangements like booking reservations, issuing necessary documentation, and giving notifications about any changes or new requirements related to their travel plans.
The course also equips you with a range of transferable skills, including:
- Team Working;
- Communication skills, with a strong customer focus;
- Ability To Research
If you choose a career in tourism management, you will need the following:
- Candidate must be 18 year or above
- Minimum of O Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO) 4 Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings
- Candidates with higher qualification such as NCE/OND/HND/BSC will be of added advantage.
- Excellent English skills and being fluent in another language is a great plus.
- Basic computer knowledge is required
Duration: 3 months (12 weeks)
Commencement: March, June, September & December every year
Mr. Peter Sunday
Mr. Taiwo Oludayo
Mr. Alex Elege
- Laptop and more tools available during the courses
- Hostel Facility Available
- SMS and Email notification
- Affordable course fee